My daughter graduated from her week in the Jump Start program at Goldfish Swim School! I am so proud of her, but more importantly, she is so very proud of herself!
She attended every day for the entire week. The goal was to have her swimming a (Jr. size) pool's length by the end of the week. While she did not meet that exact goal, she is able to swim to the center island, where she takes a break/breath, and then swim to the end of the lane. Even better, she is able to roll onto her back and float mid-swim, and then roll over and start swimming again. Chiara did not really like doing this move - a.k.a. "rollovers - but it's important for budding swimmers to be able to confidently roll onto their backs and float. She is also swimming facedown in the water, and not puppy swim style.
Her teacher, Coach Joe, was super encouraging, friendly, and had high expectations. I appreciated his kindness and the fact that he gave the kids a good push towards the next skill when they needed it.
Goldfish Swim School is dedicated entirely to indoor swim classes and programs for children 4 months and up. The pool area is colorful and fun, and the teachers are trained to work with even the littlest tots. I highly recommend Goldfish Swim School for kids of all ages and swim-levels.
Here are some of the Facility Features:
- Year-round swim instruction for children 4 months and up.
- Small class sizes. (Max 4:1 student to teacher ratio)
- Two heated indoor swimming pools kept at 90 degrees. (Air temperature kept at 92 degrees!)
- Experienced staff of Red Cross certified swim instructors.
- Proud member of the United States Swim School Association.
- State-of-the-art pool water purification system.
- Air conditioned viewing gallery for parents to watch lessons.
- Tropical decor.
- Unique and educational teaching equipment.
- Activity area for birthday parties and events. (i.e. Girl Scout parties, Sweet 16 parties, school year end parties)
- Snack Bar and Pro Shop. (Perfect for that after lesson snack or fun pool toy!)
Here's more info on Goldfish Swim School’s Jump Start Clinic.
What are the clinics?
• One 30-minute lesson per day for 5 consecutive days (Monday through Friday) for levels Mini 3 through Pro.
• Your child will have the same teacher, classmates and class time each day to help boost the learning process, to overcome a specific skill or to get a jump start on learning how to swim.
• The class ratios are the same as our regular lessons: 4:1 student-to-teacher ratio for our Junior 1 – Pro classes, and 3:1 ratio for our Mini 3 classes.
• Your child will receive a report card on Friday at the end of each clinic to update you on their progress.
When are the clinics?
• Every week this summer, starting the week of June 16 and ending the week of . (There will be no clinic the week of , as we will be closed on Thursday and Friday.)
• Classes will run every half hour between and
How much does a clinic cost?
• Each 5-day clinic costs $100/week
• We are happy to grant you a 7% sibling discount for each additional child you enroll in a clinic.