My daughter started swimming lessons today! She is taking part in the Jump Start program at Goldfish Swim School and will be attending every day for the entire week. The goal is to have her swimming a (Jr. size) pool's length by the end of the week. I'll be updating on Friday to see if she reaches her goal!
We are a very active family and in the summertime, we spend a lot of time at the pool and beach. My daughter has zero fear of the water: as far as she's concerned, she's been an Olympic ready swimmer since the day she was born. Being at the beach with her can be nerve-wrecking: she LOVES the water and loves venturing out into the deep.
|I'm going to save these froggy goggles for her to wear when she competes in the 2024 Summer Olympics|
Her teacher today, Coach Joe, was super encouraging, friendly, and had high expectations. By the end of the lessons, she was able to swim a half-length of the pool. Tomorrow she will be working on getting her head face down in the water and using her newly-learned swim strokes. I will feel so much better taking her to the swimming pool knowing that she can swim and get herself out of the pool.
Goldfish Swim School is dedicated entirely to indoor swim classes and programs for children 4 months and up. The pool area is colorful and fun, and the teachers are trained to work with even the littlest tots. I highly recommend Goldfish Swim School for kids of all ages and swim-levels.
Here are some of the Facility Features:
- Year-round swim instruction for children 4 months and up.
- Small class sizes. (Max 4:1 student to teacher ratio)
- Two heated indoor swimming pools kept at 90 degrees. (Air temperature kept at 92 degrees!)
- Experienced staff of Red Cross certified swim instructors.
- Proud member of the United States Swim School Association.
- State-of-the-art pool water purification system.
- Air conditioned viewing gallery for parents to watch lessons.
- Tropical decor.
- Unique and educational teaching equipment.
- Activity area for birthday parties and events. (i.e. Girl Scout parties, Sweet 16 parties, school year end parties)
- Snack Bar and Pro Shop. (Perfect for that after lesson snack or fun pool toy!)
This week, she is taking part in a Goldfish Swim School’s Jump Start Clinic.
What are the clinics?
• One 30-minute lesson per day for 5 consecutive days (Monday through Friday) for levels Mini 3 through Pro.
• Your child will have the same teacher, classmates and class time each day to help boost the learning process, to overcome a specific skill or to get a jump start on learning how to swim.
• The class ratios are the same as our regular lessons: 4:1 student-to-teacher ratio for our Junior 1 – Pro classes, and 3:1 ratio for our Mini 3 classes.
• Your child will receive a report card on Friday at the end of each clinic to update you on their progress.
When are the clinics?
• Every week this summer, starting the week of June 16 and ending the week of . (There will be no clinic the week of , as we will be closed on Thursday and Friday.)
• Classes will run every half hour between and
How much does a clinic cost?
• Each 5-day clinic costs $100/week
• We are happy to grant you a 7% sibling discount for each additional child you enroll in a clinic.